We lunch the tech community on twitter tomorrow.
It is going to be one of the most interesting and enjoyable ride you’ve ever had online. Either new to twitter chat or not, it is certainly going to be lots of fun and value adding to each participants.
Believing you have already read in details here what the twitter community of tech lovers is all about and the benefits attached to it, I am going to set the background for the lunch.
Background for the launch
Tomorrow, May 13th, 2011, by 12noon GMT (1pm Nigerian time and 8am EST) we would be having the Lunch of the community on twitter. We have an invited guest, her name is Deborah Elzie. she is with The Kuyu project team - The Kuyu Project is a digital literacy initiative aimed at teaching African youth how to fully utilize social media and other digital tools to effect social change in their communities to achieve their goals and objectives. She is also with Story spaces and AfriWiT (African Women in Technology). She has love and passion for Africa and tech.
I met her on twitter. Twitter is a wonderful tool for sharing and networking. this is what we are leveraging on with this new community we are forming and lunching May 13, 2011.
How would it go?
It would go like a normal Twitter chat. In case you have never participated in any twitter chat before, this article by social fresh would give you a hint. Please do well to read it, before tomorrow, in preparation for the Lunch.
We would be talking about the benefit of collaboration and crowdsourcing. she would be helping us answer the following Questions, while we discuss it together and contribute as well. A community is only as good as its members, right?
1) What is the value of the inter-web to sharing and collaboration?
2) What challenges do we face that Hinders sharing and collaboration?
3) what tools can we use to enhance and break the barriers of collaboration?
4) How can we Leverage on twitter as a tool for networking and collaboration?
What to do during the launch chat
* Sign in to twitter
* Look for the hashtag #mbGeeks. Use your phone for the search, or just create a column on hootsuite, tweetdeck, tweetchat or other twitter clients. answer the question and join the conversation. It is that simple.
* After reading the suggested article above and you still have question. you can ask me on twitter @jesseoguns), or just join the conversation to observe.
* After the launch we would take things slow and be having a monthly twitter chat, every first Friday of the month. as we move ahead, we may make it weekly and add new activities. Contributions and suggestions from you are welcome too.
* Keep the conversation within the topic
Tell your friends and buddies who you think would love it to join it tomorrow. Great opportunities happen in networking purposefully. Lets make twitter work for us all.